Many of us write our resolutions when the year begins: join the gym, learn languages, meditate, eat better ... We also propose to meet more people, call more friends, meet more with them, or achieve a goal at work. But all these promises are "inward" and what about the exterior? The Arctic temperature rose hotter than ever, atmospheric CO2 levels soared, and coral reef bleaching increased dangerously.
We propose several sustainable purposes to contribute our grain of sand.
1. REDUCE YOUR WASTE - ZERO WASTE
The first purpose: Reduce your waste! Each person generates 484 kg of garbage a year , and the sum of all households is about 21 million kg of waste a year. To lower these figures you must put into practice the 5Rs of Zero Waste :
REJECT - REDUCE - REUSE - RECYCLE - REINTEGRATE
- To refuse. What you don't need.
- Reduce. What we need and cannot refuse.
- Re-use. What we cannot reject, reduce or reuse.
- Reiterate. Compost the rest.
2. SWITCH TO SUSTAINABLE FASHION
compared to fast fashion or fast fashion . There are many advantages of switching to sustainable fashion , including:
- More respectful with the environment. Use fabrics manufactured in an ecological way and / or from local producers (avoiding the emission of carbon by transport).
- Fashion manufactured in fair conditions with the workers.
- It favors local commerce. If you buy from local designers you are improving the economy of your area. Always remember it!
3. BET ON A VEGETABLE DIET
What we put on our plate has a direct impact on the health of the planet. Cattle are responsible for the emission into the atmosphere of almost 12% of all methane produced by humans. This gas is much more damaging to the greenhouse effect than CO2. That is why from Esturirafi we recommend that you reduce your meat intake. Also, it is much healthier. Vegetable, vegetarian, vegan, flexivegetarian, pesci-vegetarian diet ... You choose!
4. CONSUME CONSCIOUSLY
If you want to get a 10 in sustainability your products should be:
- Ecological and sustainable materials
- Fair Trade
- Recycled or reused
- Biodegradable or easily recyclable
These tips can be applied to all products: cosmetics, home, fashion…